Frequently Asked Questions
ENTRY DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 1st
- July 2021 - Camp K Kicks Off!
- Monday, August 16th 2021 - Coaching Hotline becomes live
- Monday, November 1st, 2021 - Submissions Close
- Late October - Local Awards Events in Participating Cities
- 2022 - Lev winners announced at the AICP Post Awards
- Who can enter the 2021 Camp Kuleshov competition?
Camp Kuleshov "At Large"...
If you are part of an AICP chapter that has low enrollment (5 or less submissions) you can still submit!!! Those who submit in a city of less than 5 entries will be entered into the closest qualifying city and judged among their entries. Please note that city participation for those having 5 or more submissions is pending Chapter approval.
Entrants must be the sole authors of their work.
All categories are open to all.
- Can I submit an entry after the deadline?
- Can my company send more than one entry and enclose one check for all the entries?
- Do I need slates or timecode?
- How much does it cost to enter?
- Will films and footage be provided?
- What are the submission specs?
ENTRY #: (This will be generated when you create an entry in the entry system and is displayed in the first column on the main entry page)
NEW GENRE: (put the new genre you selected from the list for editorial, put SOUND DESIGN for audio, or put TITLE SEQUENCE for graphics)
FILM(s) SELECTED TITLE(s): Title of movie you selected from the list
DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL SLATE
For companies, or individuals, submitting 3 or more entries, bundle deals are available:
1-2 Entries: $65 ea.
3-4 Entries: $55 ea.
5 or More Entries: $45 ea.
- What is the entry deadline?
- What should I send/Where should I send my entry?
- Can I add a voiceover?
- Can I add my own dialogue?
- Can I add my own sound effects?
- Can I add titles?
- Can I alter the color?
- Can I mix my audio in surround?
- Can I use footage from sources other than the films?
- Can I use music from other sources?
- Can the dialogue be altered?
- Can the trailer be less than 90 seconds?
- How much alteration of the original footage is allowed?
- How much compositing is allowed?
- Can I use any existing sound from the continuous 90 second (or less) portion I choose from the films?
- Am I changing the genre?
- Can I use anything from the actual film?
- How long can the Opening Title Sequence be?
- What will I win?
- Where can I access music for my entry?