- For the AICP Show, supporting material may be submitted (but is not required) in the following categories:
- Animation - may submit "Making of" video.
- Design - may submit "Making of" video.
- Visual Effects - may submit "Making of" video.
- Concept - may submit PDF of script or boards.
- For the AICP Post Awards:
- Supporting material is required for the Compositing & Visual Effects category
- Please provide either a short visual or written explanation.
- Visual explanation: Not to exceed 2 minutes. Attach the visual explanation to the end of your entry with one second of black between and submit as a single video element.
- Written explanation: Not to exceed 300 words. Submit your written explanation on the entry page. Write the description in advance and copy and paste it into the text box on the entry form.
- Supporting material is encouraged (but not required) in the following categories:
- Character Design & Animation - may provide a short visual or written explanation.
- CGI - may provide a short visual or written explanation.
- There are specified time limits for the Color categories in the AICP Post Awards.
- Otherwise, all other Post Award entries must be 5 minutes or less in length with the exception of entries in the Music Video category.
- There are no running time limits for entries in the AICP Show and Next Awards.
- AICP reserves the right to request a cut down of winning pieces for screening purposes. For the AICP Show and Next Awards, the full piece in its entirety will be included in the film archives of the Museum of Modern Art and will appear on the AICP Awards Archive Website.
- Case studies should not be entered for any of the AICP Show, or AICP Post Awards categories. Only the work as aired will be accepted.
- Case studies are appropriate to enter in the AICP Next Awards categories with the exception of the Viral/Web Film, and Pre-Roll categories where the actual film should be entered.
- Yes! You may enter eligible work into multiple categories across the three award shows - AICP Show, AICP Next, AICP Post Awards. You will only have to enter your credits and upload your file once and then you can add work to multiple categories. You will be charged an entry fee for each additional category, but only one upload fee for your video file.
- Yes! Airing is defined as commercial release, commissioned by a client, for television, theater, the Internet, mobile phone, or any other medium/screen able to deliver motion picture imagery
- For the AICP Show and Next Awards, work must have first aired/launched between: March 5, 2018 - February 24, 2019.
- For the AICP Post Awards, work must have first aired/launched between: February 5, 2018 - February 3, 2019.
- It is important that you enter your work in the correct category. Think strategically and review the category descriptions.
- The judges will consist of members of the AICP, advertising professionals and craft experts. Jury members are prohibited from voting on their own work.
- A Curatorial Committee is assembled to review the judging results, and at its discretion may limit or eliminate recognition of any category in which entries are not consistent with the standards of quality that the shows require.
- There may be one, two, or three honored pieces in each category in the AICP Show and Next Awards, with the exception of the Advertising Excellence/Single, Advertising Excellence/Campaign, and Best New Director categories, which have only one honoree.
- There will be one honoree in each category in the AICP Post Awards.
- For the AICP Show Advertising Excellence/Campaign, you may enter 2 or 3 commercials. This category is judged on overall excellence. If you have 2 or 3 good animation spots for a single brand, they will be judged for excellence as a campaign not an animation campaign (This is an example, and applies to all categories). You may also enter all in animation and they will be judged as individual spots in that category, not as a campaign.
- For the AICP Next Awards Integrated Campaign, please submit a single case study.
- For the AICP Post Awards National Campaign and Regional Campaign categories, please submit 2 or 3 commercials.
- Entrants are required to choose one spot from the campaign for the Best of Chapter category.
- AICP Show and Next Awards
- Call for Entries opens: January 3rd, 2019
LATE Entry Deadline: March 8, 2019 11:59pm Pacific Time (PT) - Late fees apply
- AICP Post Awards
- Call for Entries opens: January 3rd, 2019
LATE Entry Deadline: February 15th, 2019 11:59pm Pacific Time (PT) - Late fees apply
- Standard Entry Fees:
- A single entry, in one or two categories:
$295 each category
- A single entry submitted in three or four categories:
$250 each category
- A single entry submitted in five or more categories:
$235 each category
- An AICP Show Advertising Excellence Campaign entry (2 or 3 spots):
- An AICP Next Awards Integrated Campaign entry:
- An AICP Post Awards National or Regional Campaign entry (2 or 3 spots):
- Upload Fees:
- $40 per spot
- If you enter a spot into multiple categories, you just pay one upload fee (entry fees apply for the additional categories entered).
- Late Fees:
- $75 per entry
- Entries will carry a late fee if it is entered after the deadline. Late fees are not waived. There are no exceptions.
- Entries are not processed until payment is received. Check payments arriving after the deadline makes an entry subject to late fees.
- Entry fees are not refundable under any circumstances. We are not responsible for incomplete or incorrect entries.
at the same time.
- In order to streamline the entry process, only a few mandatory credits are required. If your work is shortlisted in its category and qualifies for final judging, you will be contacted and instructed to go back into the entry website to review, add, and finalize credits.
- If you see a mandatory credit that does not pertain to you, please write 'NA' and move on.
- Example: if you are a student and the credit is agency, etc.
- Once you have uploaded your entry and all the information about your entry is correct, please make sure to finalize by clicking the 'Finalize Entries' button and submitting your payment. Once your entry is finalized, you cannot make changes online. If something needs to be corrected, please contact AICP.
- AICP Show and Next Awards honorees will be unveiled at the premier in June in New York.
- AICP Post Awards honorees will be unveiled at the Award Show in May in Chicago.
- The official AICP Awards Shortlist for the AICP Show and Next Awards will be announced to the public on April 15th, 2019.
- The official AICP Post Awards Shortlist will be announced to the public on April 1st, 2019.
- Only the person identified as the entrant will be contacted.
- Everyone is eligible to enter the AICP Show, AICP Next Awards, and AICP Post Awards.
- Only the entrant can submit credits or make credit changes.
- Any changes to shortlisted credits past the credit finalize deadline will be made only if feasible and it will be at the cost of the entrant.
- Credit changes to the AICP Show and Next Awards archival Website can be accommodated with proper documentation.
- AICP is not responsible for inaccurately entered credits or airdates.
- If you are submitting VR
- As we judge the actual Virtual Reality piece in person, we ask that entrants provide the following:
- A case study video, matching the required video specs, uploaded to the entry site. This is what will be viewed in the Next Awards reel should you piece be honored.
- A VR file playable on a VR headset (including Google Cardboard)
- Please load this VR file on two drives, one being mailed to the AICP office in New York, and one to the office in Los Angeles.
- NEW YORK
c/o Aurora Warfield
3 West 18th St. 5th Floor
New York, NY 10011
- LOS ANGELES
c/o Shannon Munoz Flores
650 N. Bronson Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
- Drives must be received by Friday, March 8th, or we cannot guarantee the inclusion of anything other than your case study for judging.
- With the drive, please include a printout with the following information:
- Project title
- Brand name
- Entrant name
- Entrant company name
- Entrant Email address
- Entrant mailing address
- Phone number
- Please indicate which headset/player the file is formatted for
- Entrants are responsible for ensuring that their files meet the specifications listed above. For further clarification, please call the AICP National Office at 212-929-3000.
- If you are submitting a 360 Video:
- Please enter the URL in the field provided that links to the 360 video.
- Please also upload a case study video, matching the required video specs, to the entry site. This is what will be viewed in the Next Awards reel should you piece be honored.
- You can't.
- The Show Curators determine the Marketer of the Year based on one or more pieces from all category shortlists.
- The AICP Next Awards Most Next Category is the Best in Show. Winning work in all Next categories are eligible for the Most Next honor.
- For the AICP Post Awards, entries in all other categories will automatically be entered in the appropriate 'Best of Chapter' category without additional charge. For example, if someone from AICP West submits an entry in the "Comedy" category, that entry will automatically be included in the Best of West category at no charge. The "Best of Chapter" categories will truly judge the best work from each region, and act as an additional level of competition within each region.